The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Raw bar items
- All raw bar items are served on a bed of crushed ice with fresh lemon,
- cocktail sauce (chili sauce, fresh horseradish, lemon, and Tabasco),
- fresh horseradish, and mignonette sauce (sherry vinegar and diced
The Blue Point oyster name has become generic and so the flavor can vary. Generally, Blue Point oysters have satiny, almost liquid meats with a high brininess and very mild flavor.
Skookum Inlet (WA):
This oyster has soft meat with a full-flavored muskiness. Skookums are low in brininess and have a vegetable finish.
This oyster has a small and deeply cupped shell. Kumamotos are melon scented, sweet, and firm. Usually these are the smallest oyster we have.
Fanny Bay (BC):
This oyster is plump and has firm flesh that is sweet and slightly creamy with a cucumber-like finish.
This is a brinier oyster due to colder waters. It has a delicate texture, crisp lettuce-like flavor, and a clean finish.
This oyster is deep-cupped and has a grey/green fluted shell. Steamboats are fast-growing, with a mild, earthyflavor and a cucumber-like crispness.
Cherrystone Clams (MA):
This clam has tender meat with a mildly sweet flavor.
SHALLOT,GARLIC, and SHELLFISH
4 oysters (Chef’s choice), 4 Cherrystone clams, 4 chilled shrimp, Ahi tuna poke, and seafood ceviche.
ALLERGIES: SHELLFISH, GLUTEN, NUT, GARLIC, and ONION
Raw Bar Medley:
2 chilled shrimp, 2 Cherrystone clams, and 2 oysters
- ALLERGIES: SHALLOT, GARLIC, and
Maine Lobster Ceviche:
Maine lobster, mint, red cabbage, red onion, cilantro, and pineapple are tossed in passion fruit vinaigrette (chipotle, orange juice, passion fruit purée, shallot, Dijon, olive oil, rice vinegar, salt and pepper) and served in a flour tortilla shell.
- ALLERGIES: SHELLFISH, ONION,
- SHALLOT, and GLUTEN
- Bay scallops, sweet (bay) shrimp, cilantro, and mango are marinated in fresh lime juice and topped with sliced avocado. The ceviche
- is served with corn tortilla chips.
ALLERGIES: SHELLFISH and GLUTEN
Ahi Tuna Poke:
Fresh Ahi tuna is marinated in soy sauce, sesame oil, green onion, ginger, and brown sugar. The poke is served with corn tortilla chips.
ALLERGIES: GLUTEN, NUT, and ONION
- Six chilled prawns are served with fresh lemon and house
- made cocktail sauce
ALLERGIES: GARLIC and SHELLFISH
Chilled Dungeness Crab:
- This is 3 ounces of Dungeness crabmeat, pineapple, sliced
- jalapenos, microgreens, fresh basil, and mango cocktail sauce (Chili sauce,
- mango puree, fresh horseradish, lemon, and Tabasco).
ALLERGIES: CRAB and GARLIC
Cured White Anchovies:
The anchovies are preserved in oil, lemon, and garlic and served with marinated artichokes (marjoram and EVO), celery heart leaves, and capers.
This dish has shaved fennel, radish, frisee, and lemon with an herbed cream cheese (chives, tarragon, and dill) crostini. The salmonis cured for two days in kosher salt and brown sugar (3:1 ratio), wrappedtightly, and pressed for two days, then rinsed.ALLERGIES: DAIRY and GLUTEN
Fritto of Giusti Farms Artichokes:
Giusti Farms artichokes are soaked in milk and dusted with flour then fried, served with lemon aioli.
ALLERGIES: GLUTEN, DAIRY, and EGG
Spicy Popcorn Shrimp:
- Popcorn shrimp are soaked in milk, dusted with flour, fried, and tossed with a bit of Sriracha hot sauce. The shrimp are served
- with cocktail sauce.
- ALLERGIES: SHELLFISH, DAIRY, GARLIC,
- and GLUTEN
Calamari rings and tentacles are dipped in milk and tossed with semolina/bread flour then fried. The calamari is served with a lemon wedge, cocktail sauce, and tartar sauce (mayonnaise, dill pickle, and capers).
- ALLERGIES: DAIRY, GLUTEN, GARLIC,
- and EGG
Baked Oysters (Fanny Bay)Rockefeller:
5-6 oysters are topped with mayo, breadcrumbs, lime juice, Pernod, Parmigiano cheese, and spinach then broiled. The oysters are served with a lemon wedge.
- ALLERGIES: SHELLFISH, EGG, ALCOHOL,
- GLUTEN and DAIRY
- 2 grilled sardines (salt, pepper, and olive oil) are served
- with roasted cauliflower, pickled shallots (red wine vinegar, sugar, and bay
- leaf), wild arugula, and Romesco sauce (charred tomato, green onion, piquillo
- pepper, garlic, toasted almonds and hazelnuts, garlic, sherry vinegar, and
- olive oil).
- ALLERGIES: SHALLOT, NUT, ONION, and GARLIC
Roasted Garlic-Chili Prawns:
- This dish has 6 Prawns, fresh garlic, feta cheese, roasted cherry tomatoes, chili flakes, and basil pesto (garlic, pine nuts, olive oil,
- parmigiano, cheese, salt, and pepper).
- ALLERGIES: SHELLFISH, DAIRY, GARLIC,
- and NUT
Seared Day Boat Scallops:
- This dish is 3 Day Boat scallops (grilled ala plancha), butternut squash puree (butternut squash, salt, pepper, and olive oil), crispy
- smoked prosciutto, microgreens, and shallot. The phrase "day boat scallops" refers to the technique with which the scallops were harvested. Some fishing boats will stay out to sea for days, collecting scallops and keeping them on board until they eventually return to land. Day boat scallops are caught and brought back to land on the same day.
ALLERGIES: PORK and SHALLOT
Blue Crab Cakes:
- Crab meat is mixed with mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, chopped celery, shallot, salt, and pepper. This is then breaded with egg and
- flour then fried. The crab cakes are served with wild arugula and fennel (dressed with olive oil, salt, and pepper), and spicy remoulade (mayo, paprika, cayenne, capers, dill pickles, and parsley). Blue Crab is found in the Atlantic Ocean and has a stronger flavor than other types of crab. There
- is no filler in this dish! The interior is mostly crab.
- ALLERGIES: CRAB, EGG, SHALLOT,
- GLUTEN, and GARLIC
Fried Oysters (Pacific):
Oysters are dipped in milk and tossed with semolina/bread flour then fried. The oysters are served with a lemon wedge, cocktail sauce, and tartar sauce.
- ALLERGIES: DAIRY, GLUTEN, GARLIC and
Steamed PEI Mussels:
- PEI mussels are steamed (olive oil in pan then onion,butter, garlic, anchovy paste, PEI mussels, and harissa [North African chili
- paste]) When shells are opening white wine is added then later house made marinara sauce (white wine, whole peeled and diced tomato, garlic, and fresh oregano).
ALLERGIES: SHELLFISH, ONION, DAIRY, ALCOHOL, and GARLIC
Steamed Manila Clams:
- Manila clams are steamed with Andouille sausage, butter, garlic, Calabrian chili pepper, onions, white wine, pepper, and parsley.
- This dish is spicier than the lunch clams.
- ALLERGIES: SHELLFISH, PORK, DAIRY,
- GARLIC, and ALCOHOL
Grandma’s Savory Meatballs:
House made meatballs (2 parts ground chuck, 1 part groundpork shoulder, egg, breadcrumbs, Parmigiano cheese, onion, basil, chickenstock, and ricotta cheese) in marinara sauce (dried tomato, whole plumtomatoes, garlic, white wine, and olive oil). ALLERGIES: PORK, EGG, GLUTEN, DAIRY,ONION, ALCOHOL, and GARLIC
Grilled, marinated prawns (rosemary and EVOO) can be added for $7
Mixed Field Greens:
Mixed field greens with cucumber, carrot, radish, and ginger vinaigrette (soy sauce, lemon, Dijon, rice vinegar, shallot, and olive oil).
ALLERGIES: GLUTEN and SHALLOT
Seaweed is packed with sesame oil and tossed with mixed greens and toybox tomatoes.
Daylight Farms Beet Salad:
This salad has beet, mandarin orange, wild arugula, frisee, feta cheese, and toasted pistachios in a lemon vinaigrette (lemon juice, Dijon mustard, shallot, and olive oil)
ALLERGIES: DAIRY, NUT, and SHALLOT
This salad has hearts of romaine, garlic toasted croutons, and Parmigiano cheese, and Caesar dressing (whole egg, anchovy, garlic, red wine vinegar, Parmigiano cheese, olive oil, salt, and pepper).
ALLERGIES: GARLIC, GLUTEN, DAIRY, and EGG
Sweet Gem Lettuces Salad:
This salad is Sweet Gem lettuces with Point Reyes blue cheese dressing (blue cheese, red wine vinegar, milk, olive oil, salt, and pepper), Asian pear (crisp, sweet, and juicy), and sliced radish.
Sam’s Crab Louis:
- 3 ounces of Dungeness crabmeat, Fuji apple, iceberg lettuce, sliced radish, radicchio, cucumber, and hard cooked egg are tossed
- with Louis dressing (mayonnaise, chili sauce, lemon juice, green onion, and half and half).
- ALLERGIES: CRAB, EGG, DAIRY, and
CHOWDERS & GUMBO
Sam’s chowders are made in the traditional New England style. We do not thicken our chowders with tons of flour, just the natural ingredients in a light and savory broth.
New England Clam Chowder:
This chowder is clam juice based with little neck clams, potato, smoked bacon, roux (butter and flour), onion, thyme, celery, bay leaf, just a touch of cream, and a little bit of garlic.
- ALLERGIES: SHELLFISH, PORK, DAIRY,
- GLUTEN, ONION, and GARLIC
Manhattan Clam Chowder:
- This chowder is tomato based with little neck clams, potato, celery, carrot, onion, chili flake, herbs (dried oregano, thyme, dried
- bay leaf, and paprika), and a touch of garlic. This soup can be a little too spicy/peppery for some people,
ALLERGIES: SHELLFISH, ONION, and GARLIC
The gumbo has clam juice, onion, celery, garlic, pasilla peppers, okra, diced tomato, roux (flour and butter), sherry wine, Dungeness crab, and andouille sausage (the sausage is added to order, so the guest may have the gumbo with no sausage).
- ALLERGIES: SHELLFISH, ONION, GARLIC,
- GLUTEN, DAIRY, ALCOHOL, CRAB, and PORK
Sam’s Chowder House supports sustainable fishing practices. Sustainable seafood is seafood from either fished or farmed sources that can maintain or increase production in the future without jeopardizing the ecosystem from which it was acquired.
Local Rock Cod:
- A 5.5 ounce filet of local rock cod is grilled ala plancha and served with a Provencal style broth (onion, celery, carrot, garlic, fennel,
- tomato paste, saffron, orange peel, white wine, pernod, and fish scraps. This is slow cooked, pureed, and strained), fregola, mussels, clams, and fennel. The main variety is called Chili Pepper (red cod). It is
- caught using the Scottish Seine method by the Mr. Morgan out of Pillar Point harbor. The Scottish Seine method is the most sustainable net method out there. It uses light gear, which is only used on flat sandy bottoms, which doesn’t harm the natural ecosystem.
- ALLERGIES: ONION, GARLIC, ALCOHOL,
- and GLUTEN
Mediterranean Sea Bass:
- A 5.5 ounce filet of Sea Bass is grilled ala plancha and served with Umbrian Lentils (celery, onion, carrot, tomato paste, Dijon
- mustard, bay leaf, and water), butternut squash puree (butternut squash, salt, pepper, and olive oil), and sautéed escarole (garlic and olive oil).
ALLERGIES: ONION and GARLIC
Local Petrale Sole:
A 5.5 ounce filet of local Petrale sole is grilled ala plancha and served with roasted fingerling potatoes (brown butter and thyme), piquillo peppers, baby spinach, and olive tapenade (Kalamata and Castelvetrano olives, orange, capers, anchovy, shallot, and olive oil). The fish is served with smoked paprika aioli.
ALLERGIES: EGG, SHALLOT, and GARLIC
- A 5.5 ounce filet of swordfish is grilled and served with roasted broccoli and cauliflower, wild rice, and Mole Negro (chocolate, almond,
- pumpkin seed, garlic, and crackers). Remember that swordfish is an oily
- fish with a meaty texture and a mild flavor.
- ALLERGIES: GARLIC, NUT, DAIRY, and
A 5.5 ounce filet of local King Salmon is grilled and served with roasted Brussels sprouts (EVO), roasted delicate squash (EVO), and toasted farro The salmon is topped with salsa verde (parsley, marjarom, basil, tarragon, chives, red wine vinegar, shallot, capers, and anchovies).
ALLERGIES: GLUTEN and SHALLOT
A 5.5 ounce filet of local Halibut is grilled ala plancha and served over a polenta cake (butter, polenta, and parmigiano), chanterelle mushrooms (thyme, sherry, EVO, and cream), and baby leaks (braised with EVO, white wine, water, and bay leaf). Remember that halibut has a white flaky texture and a mild flavor.
ALLERGIES: DAIRY, MUSHROOM, and ALCOHOL
Whole Steamed Maine Lobster:
The lobster is 1.5 pounds and served hot with a choice of 2 sides and drawn butter.
ALLERGIES: SHELLFISH and DAIRY
Whole Steamed, Grilled, orGarlic-Chili Dungeness Crab:
The crab is 1 ¾ to 2 pound crab and served with a choice of 2 sides and drawn butter. The price is determined by the weight.
ALLERGIES: SHELLFISH, GARLIC (if G/C crab), and DAIRY