Human Lit Terms
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is Fablue?
- Flablue is it is a short tale with vivid detail, realistic observation, and is visually funny, especially towards women.
- example: The Decameron's story of Brother Alberto.
What is a characture?
- A characature is an exaggerated flaw a character has.
- example: the Barron's house has one window, one door, and one tapestry. His wife is almost impossibly overweight.
What is a novella?
- A novella is a story with a compact painted plot often realistic and satiric in topic. Based on local events made humorous, political or about love.
- example: Candide
What is Picaresque?
- Picaresque is narrative life of a character of low status. Engaged in minial tasks and surviving by wit. Episodic nature; Main character by his nature and various predicaments allowing author to satirize social classes.
- Candide from Candide.
What is a satire?
- holds human vices, folly, short comings to ridicule as irony with the intent to bring improvements.
- Examples: Don Quixote, Candide, and Tartuffe.
What is a parody?
- imitating and criticizing another work in a nonsensical but brilliant way usually a political subject.
- Example: the story of Marcela and Grisimoto
What is pastoral romance?
- Subject matter is rustic or rural life. Ridding of the complex city life.
- Example: Don Quixote.
What is Neoclassical?
- A form of literature or drama that is contemporary and deals with central concerns and problems in one's society.
- Example: hypocrisy in religion in Tartuffe.
What is Farce?
- Farce is a comical and dramatic work including crude characters who are involved in improbable situations.
- Example: Tartuffe
What is a secondary epic?
- A secondary epic uses information from a primary epic.
- Example: The Aeneid takes information from the Illiad.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview