8 stages of genocide
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
EIGHT STAGES Of GENOCIDE
- The eight stages of genocide were created by Dr.
- Greg Stanton. They consist of...
- Stage 1- Classification
- Stage 2-Symbolization
- Stage 3-Dehumanization
- Stage 4-Organization
- Stage 5-Polarization
- Stage 6-Preperation
- Stage 7-Extermination(Genocide)
- Stage 8-Denial
- The act of degrading people with respect to
- their best qualities. To take away another human's rights.
- the action or process of classifying something
- according to shared qualities or characteristics.
WHAT DOES CLASSIFICATION AIM TO DO?
- Classification aims to separate society to
- create the "US" VS. "Them" situation. When they are
- separated then it is known who is superiorand who is inferior, and
- who will be the victim and who will be the perpetrator.
WHAT ARE SOME EXAMPLES OF CLASSIFICATION?
Some examples would be...
- -The "Jews" wearing the Star of David.
- -The Nazi soldiers wearng the Nazi warmband
- The use of symbols to convey and give out a
examples of symbolization: names, languages,
types of dress, group uniforms, colors and religious symbols
some examples of symbolization are...
- -The Nazi swatchka to symbolize the Nazi army and supporters.
- -The Star of David to represent the Jewish peope.
- -The Jewish people needing to carry a Reispass was also symbolic to identitfy
What role does dehumanization have in
- Dehumanization plays a big role in genocide
- because to be dehumanzed means to take away your human rights. Without them you
- are no longer considered a person and get treated terribly to the point where
- genocide occurs.
- A form of propaganda(check Propaganda
- definition) used to spread hate. this can be on the radio, televison, posters,
the state of being superior/above someone else.
- the condition of being lower in status or
- quality than another or others.
- a mild or indirect word or expression
- substituted for one considered to be too harsh or blunt when referring to
- something unpleasant or embarrassing.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview