organization of the body
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
necessary life functions
maintaining boundaries, movement, responsiveness, digestion, metabolism, excretion, reproduction, growth
nutrients, oxygen, water, atmospheric pressure
- maintaining stable internal conditions despite outside changes.
- dynamic state
- occurs when the body's needs are met and functioning smoothly
- factor or event being regulated
- ex blood sugar
- most homeostatic control mechanisms
- cause the variable to change in a direction opposite to the original change
areas which are controlled via negative feedback
hate rate, blood pressure, rate and depth of breathing, blood oxygen levels, carbon dioxide levels, minerals
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview