The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
necessary life functions
maintaining boundaries, movement, responsiveness, digestion, metabolism, excretion, reproduction, growth
nutrients, oxygen, water, atmospheric pressure
- maintaining stable internal conditions despite outside changes.
- dynamic state
- occurs when the body's needs are met and functioning smoothly
- factor or event being regulated
- ex blood sugar
- most homeostatic control mechanisms
- cause the variable to change in a direction opposite to the original change
areas which are controlled via negative feedback
hate rate, blood pressure, rate and depth of breathing, blood oxygen levels, carbon dioxide levels, minerals