Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Article 1 is what branch of government?
House of Representatives and Senate
House of Representatives term and qualifications.
- 2 years
- 25 years old, citizen for 7 years, live in teh state you represent
House of Representatives is made of...
435 members based on population
Leader of the House of Representatives
Speaker of the house
What power does the house have?
Power of Impeachment
Senate terms and qualifications
- 6 years
- 30 years old, citizen for 9 years, live in the state you represent
Senate is made up of ...
100 members, 2 per state
The leader of the Senate is...
the Vice President
What power does the Senate have?
jury for impeachment,
When does congress sessions begin?
starting January 3rd at noon
Rules for congress meetings...
- Must have Quorum to vote - one more than half
- they can expel a member by a 2/3 vote
- Congressional Record - meeting notes(except for secret stuff)
- cannot stop meetings for more than 3 days unless the other house agrees
powers of congress
- Set & collect taxes
- borrow money
- regulate trade
- make rules for citizenship
- make laws about bankruptcy
- coin money
- establish post office & roads
- declare war
- make laws
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview