Hydrography - Navigation and Positioning
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is Marine Navigation?
Process of directing the movements of a vessel from one point to another.
What is Tracking?
Determining the specified track/direction in relation to the vessel.
What is Homing?
Going to a certain point.
What is Station Tracking?
Going/hover over station.
Difficulties of Marine Positioning & Navigation?
- -Antenna interference
- -Electrical Noise
- -Temperature Extremes
- -Access to power
- -DGPS coverage
Describe "Here" Solution?
- 1. Set up base station over a monument.
- 2. Configure output corrections, relative accuracy
- 3. Post Processing
Pros & Cons "Here" Solution
- - No need to come prior to and set up.
- - Fast to set up.
- - Errors in the base station will effect the whole survey.
- - Errors will always remain in the baselines.
- - Because of the relative 10m accuracy you have to expand survey area.
Ultra Short Base Line
Fiber Optic Gyro Compasses
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview