words for Indermediate learners in sentences
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards
. What would you like to do?
Do you use any mnemonics to help you remember anything?
a technique or system of improving the memory by the use of formulas
pros and cons
- Arguments or considerations for and against something,
- as in We'd best weigh all the pros and cons before we decide to add a new wing to the library.
Poverty is the state of being poor, having little money or being in need of a specific quality.
An example of poverty is the state a person is in when he is homeless and has no money or assets.
- More than 3 billion people live on less than $ 2.50 a day. About 1.3 billion live in extreme poverty.
something that happens to you that isn't important.
You eat a lot of food (more than you need to eat)
I've just stuffed myself on three packets of chocolate biscuits and now I can't move.
I had far too many Nespressos last night & couldn't sleep. Those "volluto" capsules are simply divine!
I used some hemp seed
oil on my salad last night. Nice, but I never knew it was such a powerful laxative.
Agony aunt + agony column
I got a really nasty paper cu
t this morning. Every tweet is AGONY
If something is "agony", it hurts a lot and causes you a lot pain.
a paper cut:
a cut that you get from paper, often when you move the paper over your finger.
- agony aunt:
- The definition of an agony aunt is a British advice columnist who gives advice when people write in with problems.
A woman who writes an advice column for the newspaper who gives advice on letters with problems related to family and dating relationships is an example of an agony aunt.
- nounThe definition of an outrage is an act of violence or an insult.
- An example of an outrage is someone punching another person in the face.
An example of an outrage is someone calling their friend's mother a horrible name.
Outrage is defined as to deeply insult someone, or to commit a violent act against someone.
An example of outrage is putting acid in a person's shampoo bottle.
- verbThe definition of accompanied means
- to have gone with another or to have been together with another person or thing.
- accompanied baggage : yolcu beraberindeki valiz
- accompanied papers : ilişikteki evraklar
In the letter that accompanied
the photograph, she wrote "I took this picture of myself looking at the mirror."
the increase in the earth's temperature caused by high levels of carbon dioxide.
ties-up caused by the postal strike : posta grevi yüzünden gecikmeler
damage caused by water: suyun sebep olduğu hasar
a chemical compound
that's produced by the respiration
of living organisms, etc.
the act of cutting down trees in forests.
that farmers put on their crops to kill insects.
: böcekle mücadele
- Crop :
a rise in the temperature of the Earth's atmosphere caused by increased quantities of gases such as carbon dioxide.
emit an order
: bir emir çıkarmak
endanger the safety of the workman
işçinin güvenliğini tehlikeye atmak
- an animal (for example) that could disappear because there are very few of them.
vanishing species : mevcudu tükenen türler
a long period of time when no rain falls.
Capable of being decomposed
by biological agents, especially bacteria.
- An example of biodegradable is vegetable scraps.
the existence of a wide variety of plant and animal species in their natural environment.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview