Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Transforming a Design Concept into Reality
Empire State Building
Concurrent Engineering and Design for X
- Simultaneous development of all aspects of a design
- DFX - seek to achieve specific objectives, all of which critical to a design's success
- Beverage Cans - During WWII, amount of metal used reduced,
Poor Implementation Can Lead to Failure
- Kansas city Walkway Disaster
- Final design was changed from the original drawings
- What materials are available?
- How will each material aid or hinder performance requirements?
- Which manufacturing processes are available?
- Strength, stiffness, ductility, toughness
Can be difference between success and failure
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview