Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
what does the mesosalpinx connect the ovaries too?
to uterine tube
What does the mesovarium connec the ovaries to?
what are the stages of follicule development?
- primordial (prior to birth)
- primary (estrogen secretion begins)
- secondary (antrum appears)
- vesicular (mature)
- ruptured (during ovulation)
- corpus luteum (secretes hormones)
- corpus albicans (scar)
what is the process of ovum development?
- oogonia (stem cells)
- primary oocyte (mitosis)
- secondary oocyte (meisois I)
- fertilization complete
what are the parts of the uterine tube?
- infundibulum - next to fimbriae
- ampulla - site of fertilization
- isthmus - joins to uterus
- interstitial segment - through uterine wall
what are the 4 regions of the uterus?
what does the broad ligament attach the uterus to ?
what does the round ligament attach the uterus to?
what does the transverse cervicle ligaments attatch the uterus to?
lateral pelvic wall
what does the uterosacral ligaments attach the uterus to?
what are the 3 layers of the uterine wall?
what are the 3 stages of ovarian cycle?
what occurs during hte follicular phase of the ovarian cycle?
stimulates follicular development and secretion
what occurs during the luteal phase of the ovarian cycle?
- ruptured follicle become corpus luteum
- LH stimulates corpus luteum to secrete
what are the 3 phases of the uterine cycle?
what do the hormones in the follicular phase (estrogen) control?
what do the hormones in the luteal phase (progesterone) control?
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview