reproductive Male final.txt
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are these structures also refered to as: epididymis, ductus deferens, ejaculatory ducts, urethra
what are the accessory sex glands?
- seminal vesicles,
- bulbourethral gland
What are the suppporting structures?
what do the testes do?
- produce sperm
- hormone testosterone
what do ducts do?
transport, store and assist in sperm maturation
What do the accessory sex glands do?
secrete most of liquid portion of semen
What are the 2 triangles called that form the perineum?
- Anterior urogenital triangle
- Posterior Anal Triangle
What is the dartos of the scrotum?
- subcutaneous smooth msucles
- tightens scrotum, reducing heat loss
What is the cremaster muscle of the scrotum?
- extensions of internal abdominal oblique muscles
- brings testes closer to the body for heat absorption
what is in the spermatic cord?
- ductus deferens
- testicular artery and nerve
- pampiniform p lexus
- lymphatic vessels
- cremaster muscles
what is the tunica albuginea?
- white fibrous capsule
- internally divides testes into hundreds of lobules
Whhat is a seminiferous tubules?
- sustentacular cells
what do sustentacular cells?
- source of nourishment to sperm
- tight junctions form blood-tests barrier
What are interstitial cells?
- secrete testosterone
- stimulates development of male secondary sexual characteristics
what does the epididymis do?
- stores sperm
- site of sperm maturation
What are the parts of epididymis?
what is the process of sperm development?
- primary spematocyte
- secondary spermatocyte
What is spermiogenisis?
- Final stage of spermatogenisis
- occurs in testes
What does spermatid mature into?
what are the 3 layers of the ductus/vas deferens?
- mucosa (psudostratified ciliated columnar)
what does the seminal vesicles secrete?
- enhances motility
- helps semen coagulate
what do the prostate glands secrete?
- slightly milky fluid
- rich in citric acid
- seminal plasmin - anti biotic
- proteolytic enzymes
What do the bulbourethral glands secrete?
- neutralizes acidic urine in urethra
- lubrication for urethra and tip of penis.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview