Reporting on Financial Statements prepared for Use in Other Countries
The auditor should obtain an understanding of, and written management representations regarding, the purpose and uses of the Statements.
- Distribution OUTSIDE US ONLY use:
- a. the report of the other country OR
- b. a US style report modified to report on the accounting principles of another country.
- Intro: "...on the basis of accounting generally accepted in (Country)."
- Scope: "We conducted our audit in accordance with standards generally accepted in the United States and in (Country)."
- Opinion: "...in conformity with accounting generally principles accepted in (Country)."
More than Limited Distribution within the US: the auditor's report should be the US standard report modified as appropiate for departure from US GAAP.