Organization of Language in Adults
What is the function of:
Broca's area, 44, & 45?
The motor strip?
- Planning and organizing speech; phonological processing and language production; semantic processing
- Activation of muscles for articulation
- Connects Wernicke's/Broca's and is important in the expression of concepts (transmission of info)
- Language comprehension; subareas involved with responding to spoken words/sounds; words spoken by someone else, and producing speech; important in the storage/retrieval of auditory phonological images of words and their meaning.
- Reading, writing, semantic processing, important in phonological decoding of orthographic info
- writing and phonological/articulatory word processing