Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
- Atypical Antipsychotic: For the management of the manifestations of pyschitc disorders. For the treatment of mixed or manic episodes associated with bipolar disorder and for maintenance monotherapy of bipolar disorder and schizophrenia.
- Macrodantin; Macrobid
- Antibiotic: UTI
- E. Coli, enterococci, S. aureus , acute uncomplicated UTI
- Antiparkinsonian Agent: Control of extrapyramidal disorders, for use as an adjunct in the therapy of all forms of Parkinsonism.
Dipyridamole and Aspirin
- Platelet Inhibitor: To reduce the risk of stroke in patients who have had transient ischemia.
Amlodine besylate with Benazepril HCl
- ACE Inhibitor/Calcium-Channel Blocker Combination
- Antihypertensive : Treatment of hypertension
- Procardia; Procardia XL; Nifedical XL; Adalet CC
- Calcium-Channel Blocker
- Antihypertensive/antiaginal : For the treatment of vasospastic angina and chronic stable angina. For the treatment of hypertension.
Omega-3 Acid Ethyl Esters
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Antihyperlipidemic : As an adjunct to diet to reduce triglyceride levels in adult patients
- Muscle Relaxant: adjunct to rest and physical therapy and other measures for the relief of discomforts associated with acute painful musculoskeletal condition.
- Antiviral: treatment of genital herpes in immunocompromised patients. Chronic suppressive therapy for recurrent genital herpes. Acute treatment of chicken pox. Oral treatment of herpes zoster.
- 5-Alpha Reductase Inhibitor
- prostate antinflammatory : treatment of symptomatic benign prostatic hyperplasia, to reduce the risk of progression of BPH.
- Antiulcer Agent: for short-term
- 4-8 weeks treatment of duodenal ulcer. For maintenance of duodenal ulcer.
- topical - Bactroban
- Topical : topical treatment of impetigo due to S. aureus, beta hemolytic strep or strep pyrogenes. As prophylactic and treatment of MRSA. Treatment of secondarily infected traumatic skin lesions S. epidemidis or S. saprophyticus.
- topical - Voltaren gel
- Topical : For the relief of pain of osteoarthritis of joints
- knees, hands
- ophthalmic - Patanol; Pataday
- Ophthalmic Antiallergy : for the treatment of the signs and symptoms of allergic conjunctivitis. For the treatment of ocular itching associated with allergic conjuctivitis
- Disease-Modifying Antirheumatic Drug
- DMARD : treatment of malaria. Treatment of discoid and systematic lupus. Treatment of rheumatoid arthritis.
- Antiemetic: For the management of the manifestation of psychotic disorders. For the control of severe nausea and vomiting or to control excessive anxiety.
- Armour Thyroid
- Thyroid Hormone: adult hypothyroidism of any etiology, congenital hypothyroidism, treatment of myxedema coma, thyroid supression therapy.
- antihypertensive : for the treatment of hypertension.
- Selective Estrogen-Receptor Modifier
- SERM - osteoporosis agen : for the prevention and treatment of osteoporosis in postmenapausal women. For the reduction in risk of invasive breast cancer in postmenopausal women in osteoporosis and/or high risk for invasive breast cancer.
- Antiviral: for the treatment of genital herpes, for the treatment of recurrrent genital herpes, for the treatment of herpes zoster, for the treatment of cold sores
- Pacerone; Cordarone
- Antiarrhythmic: for the treatment or prophylaxis of recurrent ventricular fibrilation and recurrent hemodynamically unstable ventricular tachycardia in patients who are unresponsive to or cannot tolerate antiarrhytmic agents.
Diphenoxylate HCl with Atropine sulfate
- Antidiarrheal: adjunct in the management of diarrhea
- Tricyclic Antidepressant: relief of symptoms of depression
- Alpha-Blocker: treatment of hypertension, treatment of benign prostatic hypertrophy.
- ACE Inhibitor
- antihypertensive : for the treatment of hypertension alone or in combination with thiazide diuretics, adjunctive therapy in the management of heart failure when added to conventional therapy.
- oral - Cleocin
- Lincosamide Antibiotic: treatment of serious respiratory tract infections, skin and soft tissue infections, septicemia, intrabdominal infections, infections of the female pelvis
- Anti-inflammatory : treatment of various allergic inflammatory disease, adjunctive therapy in TB meningitis, acute exacerbations of MS.
- Fluoroquinolone Antibiotic: For the treatment of the following infections caused by susceptible strains of microorganisms: community acquired pneumonia, bacterial exacerbations of chronic bronchitis, acute sinusitis, skin and skin structure infections, complicated urinary tract infections.
- Theocron; Theo-24
- antiasthmatic : for the prevention and/or symptomatic relief of asthma, reversible bronchospasm due to emphysema, or chronic bronchitis.
- Tenex, Intuniv
- Centrally-Acting Alpha Agonist, ADHD
- antipsychotic : for the treatment of hypertension alone or in combination with other antihypertensives, for the treatment of ADHD.
- Tricyclic Antidepressant: for the treatment of psychoneurotic patients with depression and/or anxiety and/or anxiety associated with alcholoism.
- Adipex-P; Ionamin
- Anorectic Agent
- weight management : a short-term adjunct in a regimen of weight reduction based on exercise, behavior modification and caloric restriction in the management of exogenous obesity for patients with an initial body mas index greater than or equal to 30kg/m2
- Smoking Cessation Agent
- Nasal antiallegy agent : for the treatment of the symptoms of nonallergic vasomotor rhinitis and seasonal allergic rhinitis such as rhinorrhea, sneazing and nasal puritus in adults and children 12 years and older.
- Anticonvulsant: for adjunctive therapy in the treatment of partial seizures in adults with epilepsy.
- Thiazide Diuretic: adjunctive therapy in edema associated with congestive heart failure and control of hypertension.
- Travatan Z
- Ophthalmic glaucoma agent : for the reductionof elevated intraocular pressure in patients with open-angle glaucoma or ocular hypertension who are intolerant of the other intraocular pressure lowering agent or insufficiently responsive to other measures.
- Angiotensin II Receptor Antagonist
- antihypertensive : for the treatment of hypertension, to reduce the risk of myocardial infarction.