The Characteristics of Life
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is life?
- Metabolism-carry out chemical reactions to liveReproduction-all living organisms can produce offspring
Continuity of life/ biogenesis?
All livings things arise from preexisting living things
Is the ability of an organism to detect and react to changes in its external and internal environment
- The way an organism obtains and uses food
- Autotroph- makes food
- Heterotroph-consumes food, unable to make it
- All living organisms are composed of cells
- Cells-tissue-organ-system-living organism-population=species-community-biosphere
The formation of new living organisms of the same species
The removal of metabolic waste from the body
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview