The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Results of test
- Further testing
- Principle or law
An educated guess put forward as a possible explanation
A hypothesis that stands up against all tests
A theory that is successful against long term testing
Features of an acceptable experiment?
- Well planned and designed
- Clearly stated purpose
- Full risk assessment carried out
- Safety during procedures
- Control must be designed
- Repeated to obtain accurate results
- Results should discredit or support hypothesis
- Results should be verified
- Free of bias-large sample size for accuracy
- Random selection
- double-blind testing-test group unknown to investigator and test subjects
Limitations to scientific method?
- Interpretation of results limited to present knowledge
- Living organisms are rarely predictable
- Only one confirmed negative results can disprove a theory