1. What would be considered a program of exercise?
2. How many days/week should adults perform resistance exercises? Flexibility exercises?
3. What factors are important in modifying an exercise program? (5)
4. What are neuromotor exercises?
5. What is resistance training made up of?
6. What is recommended intensity frequency of resistance training?
1. A program of regular exercise that includes cardiorespiratory, resistance, flexibility, and neuromotor exercise training beyond activities of daily living to improve and maintain physical fitness and health is essential for most adults.
2. 2-3 (balance, agility, and coordination). 2
3.Should be modified for an individual’s habitual physical activity, physical function, health status, exercise responses, and stated goals.
4. "functional fitness training" - incorporates motor skills such as balance, coordination, gait, agility and proprioceptive training (i.e., tai ji, qigong, yoga) really good for older people to improve balance, agility, muscle strength, and reduce risk of falls.
5. concentric, eccentric, and isometric muscle actions and the performance of bilateral and unilatera single- and multiple-joint exercises
6. 2-3 days for novices, 3-4, 4-5