1. What effect do catecholamines have? (3)
2. What do glucocorticoids do? (3)
How are the following affected by insulin, glucagon?
1. Cell permeability to glucose
3. Glycogen synthesis
4. TG synthesis
6. Protein degradation
7. Protein, DNA, RNA synthesis?
What does epinephrine do? (7)
1. (1) epinephrine decreases insulin secretion (2) increase of glucose secretion via GNG, glycogenolysis, HSL), (3) increases FA/glucose absorption by muscle
2. Increase lipolysis, activate GNG/glycogen breakdown, and increase muscle breakdown
Epinephrine increases cAMP levels, TG mobilization, glycogenolysis (decreases glycogen synthesis), increases glucose release from liver, increases blood glucose level, decreases glucose use by muscle).
Glucagon also activates cAMP levels