The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Lithography (Printing) - Parts
- Water Rollers: Exposed areas attract water.
- Ink Rollers: Non-exposed areas of the roller attract the ink.
Lithography (Printing) - Method
- The printing plate has the image to be printed in relief on it's surface the image stands out slightly from the printing plate surface.
- Water is used to wash the ink.
- The image is transferred onto the blanket cylinder to reverse the image.
- The ink is pressed onto paper or card which is placed between the blanket cylinder and the blanket.
- Used to press out a net from a sheet of material.
- A collection of blades are cut and shaped to the outline of the net.
- Each die cutter is especially made so the process is expensive.