Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- If the moon smiles, she would resemble you.
- You leave the same impression
- Of something beautiful, but annihilating.
- Both of you are great light borrowers.
- Her O-mouth grieves at the world; yours is unaffected,
- And your first gift is making stone out of everything.
- I wake to a mausoleum; you are here,
- Ticking your fingers on the marble table, looking for cigarettes,
- Spiteful as a woman, but not so nervous,
- And dying to say something unanswerable.
- The moon, too, abases her subjects,
- But in the daytime she is ridiculous.
- Your dissatisfactions, on the other hand,
- Arrive through the mailslot with loving regularity,
- White and blank, expansive as carbon monoxide.
- No day is safe from news of you,
- Walking about in Africa maybe, but thinking of me.