Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
a very brief synopsis of longer work of scholarship or research.
represent ideas or thoughts--generalities
a saying or proverb embodying a piece of common wisdom based on experience and often couched in metaphorical language
- a total objectivity of a writer wherein his/her view and judgments are withheld in his/her account of human experience.
- the distance between a work of art and its perciever
- the recounting of an unreal series of experiences bearing such close resemblance to reality as to encourage the reader to make the association
- an extended metaphor
the repetition of one or more initial sounds, usually consonants, in a group of words or a line from a poem
a reference to something meant to create an effect or enrich the meaning of an idea
- multiple meaning
- lack of clarity meant to reflect the vagueness of life
the incorporation of something that does not correspond with the time period portrayed in the work
a comparison that points out similarities between two dissimilar things
notes added to a text that explain, name sources, summarize, or evaluate the text
the character or force in a story that works against the protagonist to produce tension or conflict
- protagonist who lacks characteristics of a hero
- lacks spirit, leadership
- lack of action
the rhetorical opposition of words, clauses, or sentences
a short, pithy statement of a generally accepted truth or sentiment
refers to the noble qualities of human beings and nature as opposed to the savage and destructive forces
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview