Telecommunication: Cable Types
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What article in the NEC refers to fiber optic cabling?
What does OFNP, OFNR, OFN stand for and what is the order of their ratings?
- Optical Fiber Non-conductive Plenum- Highest
- Optical Fiber Non-conductive Riser- Middle
- Optical Fiber Non-conductive- Lowest
Conductive cables containing metal require?
bonding and grounding
List the types of standard fiber cables
- Loose tube cables
- Tight-buffered cables
- Ribbon Cables
List loose tube cable characteristics.
- -Primarily used outdoors
- -UV resistant jacket
- -Water-blocked cable and buffer tubes
- -High tensile strength
- -Extreme temperature tolerance
- -Blue, orange, green, brown, slate, white, red, black, yellow, violet, rose and aqua
List tight buffered cable characteristics.
- Primarily used indoors
- Applicable flame resist. requirements
- Increased flexibility
- Easy to field terminate
- Variety of fiber counts and cable designs
List ribbon type cable characteristics.
- Outdoor and Indoor use
- Small bend radius
- Easy to handle and connectorisze
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview