Update Manager PowerCLI Phrases
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What steps must be taken at the host before deploying Auto Deploy?
- 1. Meet ESXi 5.0 hardware requirements
- 2. Network connectivity to vCenter Server
- 3. Do not use VLAN tagged networks at the boot NIC so that the host can access the DHCP server.
What are the storage minimum and best practice for running the Auto Deploy server?
2GB to have enough room for four image profiles and some extra space. Each image profile requires approximately 350MB.
What networking requirements are there for deploying Auto Deploy unrelated to the host?
- - Ensure that a TFTP server is available in your environment.
- - Obtain administrative privileges to the DHCP server
- - For your Auto Deploy setup, replace the gpxelinux.0 file name with undionly.kpxe.vmw-hardwired.
What security issues and requirements are there for deploying Auto Deploy?
- - Auto Deploy uses SSL
- - Authenticity of the client/Auto Deploy server is not checked during PXE boot
What network / storage limitations exist with Auto Deploy?
- Auto Deploy is not supported with NPIV (N_Port ID Virtualization).
- Auto Deploy does not support in a pure IPv6 environment because the PXE boot infrastructure requires IPv4.
What additional hosts/services are prerequisites for installing Auto Deploy?
- - Syslog server or use vSphere Syslog Collector
- - ESXi Dump Collector to collect core dumps
- - TFTP server
- - DHCP server
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview