The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Effects of Global Warming
- Ice melts in polar regions meaning that sea levels rise and some land is submerged in water.
- In hotter areas, their are drought leading to lack of food and famines.
- Increase in extreme weather, like hurricanes and flash floods.
- Some animals or plants may die out if they can't adapt.
Forms of Pollution
- Waste: Waste that is not biodegradable or recyclable increases leading to spreading of diseases or dangerous chemicals being released.
- Air: Substances released into air change the chemical balance - can cause smog or acid rain.
- Land: Soil is contaminated with chemicals which leads to poor plant growth and threatens animal habitats.
- Water: Contaminated rivers, streams, reservoirs affect water quality and animals and plants that live there.
Solutions to Pollution
- Create less waste - Recycle and Re-use.
- Alternative energy resource - Use of renewable sources like solar and wind power.
- Government action - Anti pollution laws limit the amount of pollution.
- Alternative manufacturing methods - Research ways of manufacturing that cause less waste.
- Advantages: Reuse it. No Greenhouse gas emissions.
- Disadvantages: Not reliable. Expensive. Eyesore
- Advantages: Reliable. Less expensive. More energy.
- Disadvantages: Runs out. Greenhouse gas emissions. Sometimes less efficient.
Conservation of Natural Resources
- Use renewable energy sources.
- Conserve electricity.
- Walk or cycle rather than drive.
- Use products made from renewable sources.
Christian Teachings on Stewardship
- Stewardship: God gave humans the world to look after so they must for future generations.
- Authority or dominion: