The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Why products change over time
- New materials
- New manufacturing methods
- Social change
- Fashion/ trends
- Advances in science push products
- New materials - better & more suitable
- Improvements in manufacturing - cheaper & more efficient
- Demand from consumers for new & improved products so products produced in response
- Competing product launched
- Manufactures increase share
- Obsolete means no longer used/ out of date.
- Produce a product that will become obsolete in a defined time frame
- Benefit as consumers will have to purchase again and again