The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Name management plans that do not have a knowledge area.
- -Change management plan
- -Configuration management plan
- -Requirement management plan
- -Process improvement plan
Deviations from baseline are often due to:
incomplete risk management
Monitoring and controlling means measuring against the:
Project management plan
On a high level basis, what is the process for making changes?
- -Evaluate the impact
- -Identify options
- -Get the change request approved internally
- -Get customers buy-in (if required)
What is the detailed process for making changes?
- 1. prevent the root causes of change
- 2. identify change
- 3. look at the impact of the change in the knowledge area
- 4. create a change request
- 5. perform integrated change control
- 6. manage stakeholder's expectations
- 7. manage project to revised PM plan
What do you need to know or have before you initiate a project?
- The business case
- The product description or project scope statement
- How the project fits into company's strategic plan
- A list of likely stakeholders
List the Economic Models for Project Selection:
- Present value
- Net present value
- Internal rate of return
- Payback period
- Cost-benefit analysis
A benefit cost ratio of greater than 1 means_________.
the benefits are greater than the costs.
Opportunity cost is?
The value of the project NOT selected.
Ex: Project A has a NPV of $45,000. Project B has a NPV of $85,000. The opportunity cost of selecting project A is $85,000.
Define Project Statement of Work (SOW):
is created by the customer/sponser and describes:
- product scope
- how the project fits into the organizations plan
What is Corrective Action:
- Any action taken to bring expected future project performance in line with project management plan.
- Deals with ACTUAL deviations.
What is Prevention Action?
Dealing with ANTICIPATED/POSSIBLE deviations.
Examples of preventive actions:
- adjusting the project to prevent the same problem from occurring again later in the project
- changing a resource because the resource's last activity nearly failed to meet its acceptance criteria
- arranging for team members to gain training in a certain area because there is no one with the necessary skills to back up a team member who may unexpectedly get sick
Describe Defect Repair: