CANOPY DEFOG SYSTEM
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
The fighter defog system provides the pilot with a means of distributing cabin air and for defogging the canopy.
- Defog Does not Work In Manual.
- 158 degrees MAX #
+ Cabin Distributes through defog outlets
+ keeps canopy clear & provides for crew comfort.
PURPOSE OF CANOPY DEFOG SYSTEM
The outlets are part of the glare shield & direct air to the base of the windshield to prevent canopy fogging.
+ w/ the lever in MIN there will be minimal flow of air to the diffusers.
Defog Outlets/ Diffusers
This valve diverts supply air away from the cabin outlets & directs it to the defog outlets.
- mechanically operated
+ manually controlled by the defog lever.
Defog Air Diverter Valve
Used to control the position of the defog air diverter valve.
+ provides the pilot means to distribute the cabin air.
- can be set at any pos. btwn MIN & MAX
MIN - air is directed to the cabin outlets.
MAX - air is diverted form the cabin.
- two defog switches (S2 & S3)
+ located at the base of the defog lever.
- actuated when the defog lever is moved to 3/4 to MAX pos.
+ reroute current flow to provide high temp. air to the canopy.
Defog Switches (Micro Switches)
- routes power through a bias resistor.
-located in the 3-minute time delay module.
> The bias resistor decreases current flow through the cabin temp sensor.
& into the cabin temperature sensor/controller. <
> The decrease in current flow causes the cabin temper
ature sensor/controller to signal the cabin temperature control valve to open & send 158 degrees air to the canopy. <
Micro SW S2
- routes power tot he 3- minute time delay module.
> After 3 mins, the delay module will discharge and energize the defog relay. <
> Energizing the defog replay will now direct current flow away form the bias resistor and allow the cabin temperature sensor/controller to return temperature to its original settings.<
Micro SW S3
- contains a timer and a biasing resistor.
+ plug type module
- located in the air conditioning matrix assembly.
- w/ the temp selector in AUTO and the defog lever 3/4 to full MAX pos.
IT will allow the cabin temperature sensor/controller to supply 158 degrees air to the canopy defog outlets for three minutes.
+ charges for 3 mins
- energizes defog relay
Three Minute Time Delay Module
- plug-in type relay
+ located in the air conditioning matrix assembly.
- energized by 3-min time delay module
+ directs current flow away form the bias resistor.
- After 3 mins, the cabin air temp. returns to NORMAL.
+ Allows Temp to Return to Original Setting
- no change in temp.
- airflow to defog outlets increases as lever is moved fwd max pos.
Defog Lever Pos. Between MIN & 3/4
-Time Display module discharges
- Energizes Defog relay
- Power Diverted from Defog
After 3 mins
- Airflow to Defog outlets increasing.
Temperature In Manual
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview