The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the three germinal layers ?
What do the three germ layers make ?
- Ectoderm - Inner tubes
- Mesoderm - Connective Tissues
- Endoderm- brain and skin
What are the 4 primary Section of the Neural tube called ?
- spinal cord
What are the Secondary structures of the Neural tube ?
- Spinal Portion
What ventricles do the secondary structures of the Neural tube make ?
- Telencephalon-Lateral Ventricles
- Diencephalon-Third Ventricle
- Mesencephalon-Central aqueduct
- Metencephalon-Fourth Ventricle
- mylencephalon-Fourth and Central Canal
- Spinal Portion-Central Canal
What is the function of a Neuron ? How they reproduce ?
The produce impulses to transfer information
They don't they are amitotic
What do astrocytes , oligodentrites , ependymocytes , microglia , satelite cells , and Schwann cells ?
- astrocytes - blood supply for neurons
- Microglia - are phagocytic / reparative
- oligodentrites - produce myelin sheath for CNS
- Ependymal cells - epithelial lining of the brain , ventricles and central canal of spinal cord , and make CSF
- Schwann cells - myelination of the PNS
What is a neurolemna ?
It is the cell membrane of the Schwann cell
What are nodes of Ranvier ? What is there function ?
- The spaces between sheath cells.
- They increase the impulse speed
- Decrease energy of Na+/K+ pump
What is multiple sclerosis ?
It is the destruction of myelin sheath in the CNS.
What is the NEJ , NMJ , and the NGJ ?
- Neuroeffector junction
- Neuromuscular Junction
- Neuroglandular Junction
What does the perikaryon mean ?
It means around the DNA and RNa
What makes up a Neuron ?
- Rough ER
What do the dendrites of the neuron do ? Is it myelinated ?
- Bring depolarization toward the cell body.
- It is not myelinated
What makes up the Neuron processes ?
Dendrites and Axon
What does the Axon of the Neuron do ? Is it myelinated ?What is the axon "Hillock"
- It takes action potentials away from the body.
- It can be myelinated or not
- It is the connector for the axon to the neural body
What is the telodendria of the Neuron ?
It is the synaptic end bulb
Describe these type of Neurons ?
What is Efferent or Afferent ?
- Efferent = Motor
- Afferent = sensory
Name the areas ?