What is Alliteration?
- Repitition of vowel sound.
- Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers.
What is Assonance?
- Repitition of a vowel sound.
- The sound of the hound was bound to make me crazy.
What is Hyperbole?
- I am so hungry; I could eat a horse.
What is Personification?
- Giving human qualities to something that is not human.
- The trees danced in the wind.
What is Metaphor?
- A comparison that does not use like or as.
- Her face is an open book.
What is Simile?
- A comparison that uses like or as.
- Her face is like an open book.
What is Onomatopoeia?
- A word that sounds like what it mean
- Crack! Boom! Blam!
What is symbolism?
- Something that represents or stands for something else.
- A dove is a symbol of peace
What is irony?
- Something that is unexpected.
- You want your brother to get in trouble, but you get in trouble instead.