anatomy and physiology: anatomical positions
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
name six features of the anatomical position
- facing forward
- head level
- eyes facing forward
- feet flat on ground
- arms down the sides
- palms turned forward
what is prone and supine in regard to the anatomical positon?
- Prone: body facing down
- supine : body facing up
what are the terms used to describe the front and back of the body in the anatomical position?
- Front: anterior or ventral
- back: posterior or dorsal
what are the three lines the body is broken up into when on its side?
describe what is superior and inferior in regards to the anatomical position
- superior: towards the top
- inferior: towards the bottom
the neck is _______ to the abdomen
the thigh is _______ to the abdomen
what is distal and proximal in regards to the anatomical position?
- distal: away from, farther from orgin
- proximal : near, closer to the origin
what is lateral and medial in regard to the anatomical position?
- lateral: away from the mid line of the body
- medial: towards the midline of the body
what is contralateral and ipsilateral in regards to the anatomical positon
- contralateral: on the opposite side
- ipsilateral: on the same side
what is superficial and deep in regards to the anatomical position?
- superficial: towards the surface
- deep : towards the center
what are the three anatomical planes?
and where do they seperate?
- coronal plane: separates body into front and back half
- sagital plane: left and right halves
- transverse plane: superior and inferior halves
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview