The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Ethnicity, gender, culture, and socioeconomic status influence our behavior
Believed biological factors influence our behavior.
- Propaganda affecting behaviors and personalities of individuals
- Started Socioculture
- Basic Science: Wanting to find out more of human or animal behavior
- Applied Science: Use what they know
Gather info. about behavior being studied and present what's known.
- Form hypothesis of people's actions.
- Theories: Based on large number of findings.
Predict future behavior based on accumulated knowledge.
- People are motivated to achieve certain needs.
- Physiological, safety, social, esteem, self-actualization
- Cognitive Development
- Children begin to make schemas
- Dog Experiment: dog, food, bell
- Classical Conditioning
Founding father of psychoanalysis: talking freely while explaining their symptoms.