Card Set Information
- designed to prevent ice from forming on critical areas of the aircraft which could possibly cause an aircraft mishap or even an accident.
Purpose of Anti-icing System
+ All 4 Engines
+ (GTC) Gas Turbine Compressor
+ - 60
+ Solenoid Controlled
+ Air OPENED
- spring CLOSED
- VENT IS OPEN = VALVE IS OPEN.
+ control device
+ maintains a sage operating temperature.
- cycles anti-ice valves OPEN & CLOSED
- Housed in a glass tube
+ It expands temp ^
- good conductor
+ therefore acts as a SW.
- prevents valve from opening & closing constantly.
- located in FLT deck.
+ Overhead Panel
- Total of 6 - One for each section.
+ Used to monitor temperature @ leading edge.
- Controlled by sensing bulbs.
- controls temp. indic.
+ negative temperature coefficient of resistance.
- 6 in the C-130 wing leading edge & empennage anti-icing sys.
+ one for each indicator.
+ 6 Total
- Used to verify an over heat condition.
+ receives signal form thermostat
- used in conj. w/ temp. indic.
+ pilot music shut sys. down when LIT.
Overheat Warning Light
+ 2 for each anti-icing valve (12)
+ Dual Thermo Stat cover a larger area.
- Normally Open
+ Closed @ Approx. 215 Degrees F.
- When Closed / Completes Circuit for Overheat Warning Lights.
Overheat warning Thermostats
+ Ensures even airflow through the entire wing.
- Air that leaves the passages is re-circulated
+ same is air is vented overboard.
+ Direct Bleed air into Venturi
- Creates low pressure area.
+ Low pressure pulls in ambient air.
+ Hot & Cool Air mixes between the nozzle & Venturi.
+ Lowers the temp or the air helping to prevent heat damage.
2 separate sys: Left & Right Wing
2 sections - Inboard & Outboard
Anti-ice valve for each section.
- controlled by 1 anti-ice SW.
Anti- Ice System:
2 sections: Left & Right
Left: Left horizontal stabilizer
Upper portion of vertical stabilizer
Right: Right horizontal stabilizer
Lower portion of vertical stabilizer
- 1 Anti-Ice valve in each section.
- controlled by 1 SW.
Empennage Anti-Ice Sys