The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- to ensure equipment is properly clean and remains clean until packaged, it is essential to maintain a controlled environment.
- this environment helps prevent recontamination during the cleaning, drying, assembly, testing & packaging process.
+ Clean components in designated area - for oxygen use only
+ Ensure cleaning area has proper ventilation
+ Do not use compressed shop air for cleaning - air may contain hydrocarbons
+ Never use petroleum-base or other flammable solvents to clean any surface.
+ Wear appropriate PPE for different levels of cleaning.
Cleaning Oxygen Components
- Field & Depot Levels.
- cleaning procedures will be limited to the external cleaning of oxygen components.
- incorporates the use of clean-lint-free cloth dampened in a cleaning solvent to wipe/clean the outside of components only.
- facilities do not require environment levels specified for depot shops.
- cleaning procedures involve major overhaul and internal cleaning of oxygen components.
- requires equipment, facilities and materials usually beyond capacities of most acft MTCE units.
- any compound or substance which promotes the removal of contaminates through mechanical or chemical action.
- will not be flammable
- will not leave a residue
-will not react chemically with the item being cleaned.
- will not alter the physical dimensions or properties of the material being cleaned.
- has a relatively low toxicity.
- type of cleaning involves suspending component in a screen casket above boiling solvent and allowing the vapor form the solvent to condense in the component.
- process removes organic contaminates and particulate matter.
- use a commercial grade oxygen-sage solvent at ambient temps. to throughly wash surfaces requiring degreasing.
- process cleans surfaces w/ a water soluble cleaner & water solution.
- process involves submerging a component in a tank filled with solvent & inducing high frequency energy waves into the fluid.
+producing a scrubbing action both inside & outside component
Ultra Sonic Cleaning
***ALL CLEANING PROCESSES ARE COMPLETED W/ PURGING HOT, OIL-FREE AIR OR NITROGEN.***
- Ultra Sonic
- checks components for residual solvent or contamination by usig light w/ at least 100 candle lumens.
+ common D-cell flashlight held no more than 18-inches form the component is an acceptable source of light.
- evidence of oil, grease, or fibers on the surface being inspected shall be cause or rejection.
Bright White Light Inspection
- Oil, grease & other contaminates tend to give off a fluorescent glow when exposed to ultraviolet light.
- this type of test is extremely reliable for ID’ing residual contaminates.
Ultra-violet Light Inspection
- type of inspection involves wiping the outside of the cleaned component with filter paper or a clean, lint-free swipe.
- swipe the surface in two different directions to ensure coverage & detection.
- swipe should produce no solvent residual or contaminates.
- after components have been cleaned, verified & meet the specific cleanliness criteria, the components will be packaged to prevent contamination during shipment or storage.