Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Bigeminy vs Trigeminy
Bigeminy= 1 PVC 2 QRS
Trigeminy= 1 QRS 2 PVC
What is PEA ?
Rythm that looks so good on the monitor, but when you check the pt there is no pulse.
Things to remember about PEA
- Never shock!!!
- No TCP!!
- No antiarryhtmics
- Most common cause of PEA is hypovolemia (and OD)
- Always look for differencial diagnosis (H5T5)
What is EMD
- Electical Mechanical Dissasociation (now obsolete term).
- AKA asystole, idioventricular rhythm, pseudo EMD
1) What is the function of Atropine?
2) Important fact re: Atropine administration?
- 1) Vagolytic; blocks vagus nerve.
- 2) Max dose: .04mg/kg=3mg
How to you treat PEA?
- check pulse! check pulse! check pulse!
- 1) Check differncial dx
- 2) CPR x 5 cycles
- 3) HR <60 Atropine 1mg IV Q 3-5 min (3mg max)
- 4) HR >60 Epiniphrine 1mg IV Q 3-5 minutes, (1:10,000=10ml), then give fluid bolus
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview