2nd semester Res Phy. #2
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
The bulk of CO2 is transported from the tissues to the lungs as ____.
The blood pH is dependent on a certain ratio, what is it?
HCO3- (base) : H2CO3 (acid)
(for every H2CO3 molecule increase or decrease, 20 HCO3- molecules must increase or decrease to maintain a 20:1 ratio)
1. What happens during " Acute Ventilatory Failure" ?
2. What does this do to the ratio?
3. What does this do to the blood pH?
1. The PACO2 increases, which then increases the blood Pco2 ,H2CO3, & HCO3- levels.
2. It decreases the ration ( ratio less than 20:1)
3. This causes the blood pH to decrease, (become less alkaline)
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview