Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Which way is RNA transcribed?
5' to 3'
Hardy Weinberg Assumptions
- No mutation
- No migration
- No genetic drift
- No natural selection
Hardy Weinberg Principle
(p+q)2 = p2 + 2pq + q2 = 1
- 5' to 3'
- when 3' to 5', read right to left
- causes both extremes of the phenotype to be favored instead of intermediate.
- snail example
- does not change the mean of population, both extremes are eliminated
- lizard example
one extreme was selected for the middle and the other extreme selected against
type of natural selection
mutant tetraploid plants
are unable to mate with diploid plants
- p = frequency of dominant alleles
- q = frequency of recessive alleles
- pq = frequency of heterozygous individuals
Most polyploid plants are the result of what?
What ship did Darwin sail on?
What group of species is Darwin famous for?
What did LeMarc and Darwin have in common?
- both believed in evolution
- environment influences evolution
inheritance of acquired characteristics
associated with lamarc
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview