BRUSH APPARATUS AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION.txt
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- author "KoollyT
- fileName "BRUSH APPARATUS AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION"
- tags "2014 egnineer exam"
- folders ""
- description "BRUSH APPARATUS AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION"
- This applicant has satisfactorily completed a (__) eight hour training
- 8 hours
Training hours are limited to (__) six hours training time, per shift maximum
Improved or engineered surfaces are load rated at?
Carefully inspect between dual tires to determine if?
if rocks or other material is caught between the dual tires after all operations on any semi - improved surface
Trainee must complete (__) eight hours minimum of off road driving
Always use low range (__________________________________) when off hard surface road
transfer case and transmission in low range
Select gear to Maintain RPM in top?
- in top 2/3 of power range
- 1.Keep RPM a minimum of 200 RPM below governor limit
- 2.Use low gears
- a.1.2 for automatic transmissions
- b.1st or 2nd for manual transmissions
Knowledge of soil bearing capacities and Selects safe routes( Slope limits)
- Manufactures recommended limits
- 40 % maximum up or down slope
- 25 % maximum side slope
- Stable soils
Unimproved roadway is?
any non primary paved and engineered roadway such as gravel, dirt, thin asphalt, fire road, logging road or dozer cut
Use engine compression braking as?
primary braking method especially when descending a slope, as applying the brake will cause the apparatus to slide uncontrollably.
Maximum decent limitation?
40 % slope maximum decent limitation
If Vehicle slides ,what to do?
- 1.Turn wheels in direction of vehicle slide
- 2.Use brakes sparingly or not at all until vehicle regains traction
Drives at speeds that are capable of stopping within (___) the distance you can see down the road
½ the distance
RETURNING TO IMPROVED SURFACE ( what to do?)
- A.Pull to safe location
- B.Set brake
- C.Transmission in neutral
- D.Shift transfer case to high range gear and two wheel drive (2WD
- E.Check undercarriage for damage
- F.Check vehicle for damage
- G.Check rear dual tires for wedged rocks
- 1.Remove with pry bar or rope looped around rock
- H.Check all tires and wheels rims for damage
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview