The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- author "KoollyT
- fileName "Kenwood TK-790 VHF Mobile"
- tags "2014 engineer exam"
- folders ""
- description "Kenwood TK-790"
- Kenwood TK-790 Mobile Radio Features
- 254 Channels
- 15 groups same as BENDIX KING
- ALPHA - numeric dispay
- 45 watts
- 1 grounp user modifable (command group scan)
- 16 repeater
- 1 direct access channel (HOME CHANNLE)
This radio has the capability of two levels of Priority Scanning, called Priority 1 and Priority 2
- Priority 1 takes precedence over all other scanned channels in the group including Priority 2.
- Priority 2 takes over all scanned channels except Priority 1 .
- This means you now have a way to have any number of channels in scan and have two levels of priority.
Priority Scan 1# Mode (defualt)
1. The Priority 1 channel is by default the channel you have selected in the display before pressing the scan button. In other words, when you want a specific channel to be priority, rotate the channel selector to that channel and stop, press [SCN]. This channel is now your Priority 1 channel.
Priority Scan 2# setup.
- The Priority 2 Channel Assignment can be selected by turning the scan [SCN]button off
- Selecting the diesried channel, then press and hold the scan [SCN]button down and press the monitor [MON]button twice.
Selecting a Command group.
- To use this command group, first turn the Scan off
- Use the channel select knob to dial up the desired channel.
- Press and hold the [AUX C] button until you hear a short beep and a momentary © icon appears on the display
- Press this down arrow until a beep sounds and the © icon appears in the display. You are now in the “operator built” command group.
Tone Selection in the Kenwood
- THIS IS A REMINDER THAT OST IS ON: OPERATER SELECTABLE TONE (PREPROGRAMMED TONES FOR CERTAIN CHANNELS –SDFD 1,2, AND 4, TONE 8
- When selecting a tone, the tone is selected per channel (not group like the King radio) •This makes it easier to select the tone for each channel and does not require changing it each time