Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
Land as soon as possible
Land at the nearest suitable landing area (e.g. open field) without delay. Primary consideration is to ensure the survival of the occupants.
Land as soon as practicable
Land at a suitable landing area. Primary consideration is the urgency of the emergency.
Emergency Engine Shutdown
B s i t a e b c E O w, % R, % T, E O P, T T, a N S.
Before shutdown ID the affected engine by checking ENG OUT warnings, % RPM, % TRQ, ENG OIL PRESS, TGT TEMP, and Ng Speed.
- ENG POWER CONT level(s) - OFF
- ENG FUEL SYS selector(s) - OFF
- FUEL BOOST PUMP CONTROL switch(es) - OFF
- if TGT is above 538*C after shutdown:
- AIR SOURCE HEAT/START switch - As required.
- ENGINE IGNITION switch - OFF
- Starter button - Press to motor engine for 30 seconds or until TGT TEMP decreases below 538*C.
G t E L t o a p d n r M F F o N l.
%R R w d b n o r i M F F o N l a e.
- Going to ECU LOCKOUT to obtain additional power does not remove Maximum Fuel Flow or Ng limits.
- %RPM R will decrease below normal operating range if Maximum Fuel Flow or Ng limits are exceeded.
W e i c w E P C l i L, e r i m f a T l s i i. C m b t n t e T l a k % R R a % R 1 a 2 i o r.
- When engine is controlled with ENG POWER CONT level in LOCKOUT, engine response is much faster and TGT limiting system is inoperative.
- Care must be taken not to exceed TGT limits and keeping % RPM R and % RPM 1 and 2 in operating range.
M c o e R w b E. R w %R 1 o 2 d b n d s d t m o t E.
E P C l - P d a a f f w m d p, t a t s % R R a r.
Manual control of engine RPM while bypassing ECU. Required when %RPM 1 or 2 decreases below normal demand speed due to malfunction of the ECU.
ENG POWER CONT lever - Pull down and advance full forward while maintaining downward pressure, then adjust to set % RPM R as required.
Emergency APU Start
E t m b a d a p t B M c k t o p t s f m p t A p.
Ensure that mask blowers are disconnected and position the BCA MCU control knobs to off prior to switching from main power to APU power.
Emergency APU Start
Defined as APU start to accomplish an emergency procedure.
FUEL PUMP switch - APU BOOST
APU CONTR switch - ON
Emergency Exits: Warning
In cases where emergency exit is required prior to rotor coasting to a stop, make sure cyclic is centered while passengers exit. Safest exit is left or right since main rotor has 3' forward tilt.
Engine Malfunction - Partial or Complete Power Loss
S e c m b c p t m o t e p c l.
P t m o e p-c l, i i i t t m e a t c p-c l b i.
I t d i m t s d a e, t a l f f s w r t E P C l f F t I, m % T, N S, T T, & R, a E O w a.
- Single engine capability must be considered prior to movement of the engine power control lever.
- Prior to movement of either power-control lever, it is imperative that the malfunctioning engine and the corresponding power-control lever be identified.
- If the decision is made to shut down an engine, take at least five full seconds while retarding the ENG POWER CONT lever from FLY to IDLE, monitoring % TRQ, Ng SPEED, TGT TEMP, & RPM, and ENG OUT warning appearance.
Single Engine Failure General
W t p a d s e o i m o l, c s b g t j t e s.
T e a-i a c h s s b t o a n t e m p i a o t r e.
- When the power available during single engine operation is marginal or less, consideration should be given to jettisoning the external stores.
- The engine anti-ice and cockpit heater switches should be turned off as necessary to ensure maximum power is available on the remaining engine.
Indications of engine malfunctions.
C i a e %R, T, N S, % T, E O P, %R, L R R a/o E O w a a, a c i e n.
Changes in affected engine %RPM, TGT, Ng Speed, % Trq, Eng Oil Press, %RPMR, Low Rotor RPM and/or ENG OUT warnings and audio, and change in engine noise.
Warning and Steps
D n r t E O w a a u c T T, N S, a & R 1 & 2.
Do not respond to ENG OUT warning and audio until checking TGT TEMP, Ng SPEED, and & RPM 1 & 2.
- Collective - Adjust to maintain % RPM R.
- External cargo/stores - Jettison (if required).
- Establish single-engine airspeed.
- If continued flight is not possible:
- Land as soon as possible.
- If continued flight is possible:
- Land as soon as practicable.
Roll-on landing below 60 kts.
Engine Restart during flight
APU shouold be used. Use of a crossbleed start could result in a power loss of up to 18% TRQ on the operational engine.
D n r t E O w a a u c T T a % R R.
Do not respond to ENG OUT warning and audio until checking TGT TEMPT and % RPM R.