Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- the angle between number 1's heading and number 2's heading
- also know as heading crossing angle (HCA)
- the angle between the longitudinal axis of the number on aircraft to number 2
- expressed in degrees off number 1 in multiples of 10
Why is the 3/9 line important?
number 2 must remain behind the 3/9 line
placing your velocity vector in front of number 1
placing your velocity vector on number 1
placing your velocity vector behind number 1
Effects of lead, pure and lag pursuit
line of sight (LOS)
is a line going form your eyes to your target
what is a pitchout?
- a maneuver flow to generate the spacing that will allow you to practice multiple rejoins
- Turn by both aircraft of roughly 180° using 60° of bank
- 2-3 seconds = 1000-1500' spacing
- 5 seconds = 3000' spacing
what are the steps for a pitchout?
- signal for a pitchout
- get an acknowledgement from number 2
- clear in direction of turn
- roll crisply into 60° bank
- turn approximately 180°
what is fighting wing?
a fluid type of formation used to provide enhanced flexibility to the flight
where is the fighting wing position?
anywhere within a 30-45° cone at a distance of 500-1000 feet aft of number 1
close trail limitations:
- 90° bank max
- 2-3 Gs
- minimum 120 KIAS
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview