Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
A minimum patient database consists of:
- 1. Preliminary General Examination
- 2. CBC and Serology results
- 3. Appropriate X-rays as needed
According to Thomas, what is the best way to convey the caring that the client desires and expects?
LVT/RVT responsibilities during pre-anesthesia:
- Preliminary General Examination
- Diagnostic Tests
- Ensure animal is fasted 8-12 hours (water ok)
- Walk animal prior to surgery to evacuate bowls and urinate
- Intravenous catheterization
- Initiate fluid administration
- Prepare basal anesthetics
- Stabilization of patient
For an elective surgery, when should the minimal patient database workup be done?
Several days in advance
Of the 180 accredited RVT programs, what percentage has and out-patient clinic?
What are the 4 points that should be answered no matter what symptoms?
- 1. Duration
- 2. Appearance
- 3. Frequency
- 4. Severity
List some common concurrent illnesses that can be on a standard "check in" sheet at a clinic:
- Change in behavior
- Exercise intolerance
- Seizures (syncope)
- Noted bleeding problems
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview