Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the 5 steps of the protein hormone action pathway?
- 1. Hormone-receptor binding
- 2. G-protein activation
- 3. Adenylate cyclase activation
- 4. Protein kinase activation
- 5. Synth of new product
What are the 4 steps of steroid hormone action?
- 1. Steroid transport (piggy-back)
- 2. Movement thru cell mem & cytoplasm
- 3. Binding of steroid to nuclear receptor
- 4. mRNA & protein synth
What is the gestation period of cattle?
280-290 d (9.5 mo)
What is the gestation period of sheep?
145-150 d (5 mo)
What is the gestation period of swine?
114 d (3 mo, 3 wk, 3 d)
What is the gestation period of dogs?
60-65 d (9wk)
What is the gestation period of cats?
63-67 d (9 wk)
- 1. GnRH
- 2. Anterior pituitary
- 3. Release of FSH & LH from a.pit. lobe
- 1a. FSH
- 2a. Sertoli cells & Granulosa cells
- 3a. Sertoli function; foll growth & estradiol synth
- 1b. LH
- 2b. Leydig cells, theca/luteal cells
- 3b. T synth, ovulation & P4 synth
- 1c. Prolactin
- 2c. Mammary glands
- 3c. Lactation & maternal behaviour
- 1. Oxytocin
- 2. Testis & Uterus/Mamm glands
- 3. Sperm transport; uterine contractions, memm cell growth
- 1a. Estradiol (E2)
- 2a. Hypothalamus, repro tract, mamm gland
- 3a. Sexuality - increase sex beh, GnRH prod, & uterine activity, mamm dev
- 1b. Progesterone (P4)
- 2b. Hypothalamus, uterine endothelium/myometrium, mamm gland
- 3b. Preg maintenance -decrease sex beh, GnRH prod, & uterine activity, lacatation
- 1. Testosterone (T)
- 2. Hypothalamus, repro tract, muscle
- 3. Sexualtiy - spermatogenesis, increase sex beh & muscle development, decrease GnRH prod
- 1a. Prostaglandin E2
- 2a. Ovary
- 3a. Increase P4 prod
- 1b. PGF2a
- 2b. Ovary, uterine myometrium
- 3b. Decrease P4 prod (CL regression), uterine contractions (partuition)
- 1a. Progesterone (P4)
- 2a. Hypothalamus, uterine endothelium/myometrium, mamm gland
- 3a. Preg maintenance -decrease sex beh, GnRH prod, & uterine activity, lacatation
- 1b. Placental Lactogen
- 2b. Mamm. gland
- 3b. Stim milk prod
- 1c. Equine Chorionic Gonadotropin
- 2c. Ovary
- 3c. Maintain progesterone prod.
What are the 6 steps of embryonic dev of the female repro system?
- 1. Dev of hypothalamic-hypophyseal systems
- 2. Migration of primordial cells from yolk sac
- 3. Sex cord dev in gonad & mesonephric renal system regression/transformation
- 4. Sexual differentiation
- 5. Dev of female tract & ovaries
- 6. Formation of broad ligament