Funeral Directing and Funeral Service Management

Card Set Information

Author:
saya25
ID:
260498
Filename:
Funeral Directing and Funeral Service Management
Updated:
2015-08-10 15:31:37
Tags:
terms
Folders:
arts
Description:
terms
Show Answers:

Home > Flashcards > Print Preview

The flashcards below were created by user saya25 on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?


  1. cards of recognition sent to friends for kindness shown to a deceased's family
    acknowledgment cards
  2. an altar attendant
    acolyte
  3. the art  of making the public aware of the services or commodities that a business has for sale
    advertising
  4. a method od sealing a vault that utilizes the air pressure created by placing the dome of the vault onto the base of the vault
    Air seal
  5. a transfer container consisting of a wooden tray with a cardboard covering for the casket
    Air tray
  6. an elevated place or structure on which sacrifices are offered or at which religious rites are performed; in the Christian faith, a table on which the Eucharist or Holy Communion is offered
    Altar
  7. a non-metal receptacle or enclosure, w/o ornamentation or a fixed interior lining, designed for the encasement of human remains and which is made of cardboard, pressed wood, composition material, or pouches of canvas or other material (FTC definition)
    Alternative Container
  8. the lining attached to the undersurface of the foot panel of the casket and/or a component part of the throw (overlay) which extends downward into the body of the of the casket
    apron
  9. in Roman Catholic faith, the head of an archdiocese
    archbishop
  10. that part of the casket handle that attaches the bar to the lug
    arm
  11. the meeting bwtn the funeral director and the client family during which the funeral arrangements are discussed
    arrangements conference
  12. an imitation grass made in mat form and used at the cemetery to cover the earth around the grave
    Artificial Grass
  13. the sum of a group of #s divided by the # of units
    Average
  14. a single handle in which the lug, arm, and bar are combined in one unit
    bail handle
  15. that part of the casket handle, attached to the lug or arm, which is grasped by the casket-bearer
    bar
  16. molding along the lowermost edge of the body panels
    base molding
  17. the portion of the casket upon which the deceased human remains are placed
    bed
  18. a method of price quotation showing separately the price of the service to be rendered and the price of the casket
    bi-unit pricing
  19. in the Roman Catholic faith, the head of a diocese
    Bishop
  20. that portion of the casket shell containing the top body molding, body panel, base molding, and casket bottom
    body
  21. material which drapes in the inside perimeter of the body of the casket
    body lining
  22. compose the sides and ends of the shell
    body panels
  23. a twilled, napped, woolen, or worsted fabric with a smooth lustrous face and dense texture; a fabric usually made of cotton, silk, or rayon woven in a plan or rib weave with a soft semi-gloss finished
    broadcloth
  24. a metal alloy consisting of 90% copper with tin and sometimes zinc comprising the other 10%
    bronze
  25. in the Roman Catholic faith, a man who is a member of a religious order w/o being ordained or while preening for ordination
    brother
  26. relating to a social organization
    botherhood
  27. bare metal is scratched with an abrasive material and then finished until a smooth high gloss is obtained
    brushed
  28. a legal document, issued by a government agency, authorizing transportation and/or disposition of a dead human body
    Burial-Transit Permit

What would you like to do?

Home > Flashcards > Print Preview