- Substance/Procedure Methodology: Forum law governs questions of procedure. If matter characterized as procedural, forum state can apply its own law WRT that matter.
- >> Procedural: concern conduct of litigation.
- >> Substantive: govern out of court conduct.
Statute of Limitations:
- Characterization: Some cases can be characterizes as more than one type -- ie. dispute over land as contract or property.
- >> BUT: Preference for treating cases involving property as property cases.
court should apply the shorter
of two competing limitations periods.
If law contrary to a strong public policy of a state, it can reject it.
- >> Corps -- domiciled in state of incorp.
- >> Individuals -- two requirements -- (1) physical presence and (2) intent to be domiciled there.