The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Flight Control/Main-Rotor System Malfunctions
M b i t v d o f, v, b, r, o s.
N: B c f i t a c w c o t c t t b a b h o t u o l l.
W: D e t t m r s c c o s f t a a l. E w m/r h s.
1. L a s a p
2. E E(?) S a l
May be indicated through varying degrees of feedback, vibrations, binding, restriction, or sloppiness.
Note: Blade cuff failure is typically a cord wise crack of the cuff through the blade attachment bolt holes on the upper or lower ligament.
Warning: Danger exists that the main rotor system could collapse or separate from the aircraft after landing. Exit when m/r has stopped.
- 1. Possible
- 2. Emer Eng(s) Shutdown after landing.
SAS Failure with no Failure Advisory
I e m o r t p w f/a i:
1. S x s - O
If condition persist:
2. S x s - O
3. S x s - O
I s p:
4. S x a F s - O
Sas 2 Failure advisory lights
- If erratic motion of rotor tip path without failure/advisory indication:
- 1. Sas 1 switch - Off.
- If condition persists:
- 2. Sas 1 switch - On.
- 3. Sas 2 switch - Off.
- If still persists:
- 4. Sas 1 and FPS switches - Off.
- Power on reset switches - Simultaneously press then release
SAS OFF Caution Appears
1. S 1/2 s - O
2. F s - O
3. L a s a p
- 1. SAS 1/2 switches - Off
- 2. FPS switch - Off
- 3. Practicable
Flt Path Stab Caution Appears.
2. P O R s - S p a t r
I a f a l i o, c f a x K w t s i t a m i u s a l o a/s s f r a s w r i s s f d
3. M s s - x i a x k, u c m s -su s
4. L a s a p
- 2. Power on reset - Press simultaneously then release.
- If the airspeed fault advisory light is on, continued flight above 70 KIAS with the stabilator in the auto mode is unsafe since a loss of a/s singal from remaining a/s sensor would result in the stabilator slewing full down
- 3. Manually slew stab - 0' if above 40 kias, use cyclic mtd stab s-u switch.
- 4. Practicable
Pitch FPS/trim hardover
-c a c i p a a c l c m o a x"
Roll FPS/trim hardover
-x" l s d, r i c r r a c h s c
Yaw FPS/trim hardover
-x" o p m f b c i h t
- -cause a change in pitch attitude and corresponding longitudinal cyclic mvmt of about 1/2 inch
- -1/2 inch lateral stick displacement, resulting in corresonding roll rate and constant hdg sideslip condition
- -1/4 inch of pedal motion followed by change in heading trim
Pitch Roll of Yaw FPS/trim hardover
If failure occurs:
1. P o r - p s
2. L a s a p
- 1. Power on reset - press simultaneously
- 2. Practicable
Trim actuator jammed.
B y a r t a i s c t a i i t s j.
X m i y
X m i r
L a s a p
- Both yaw and roll trim actuators incorporate slip clutches to allow inputs if they should jam.
- 80lbs maximum in yaw
- 13lbs maximum in roll.
- Land as soon as practicable.