5.9 Multidimensional Care of Patients w/ COPD
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Recognize the common psychological comorbidities associated with COPD
Examine the treatment options for dealing with depression, anxiety and panic experienced by COPD patients
- Self help - written info based on CBT principles
- Pharmacological tx if moderate to severe
- More research
What are the main tenets of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)?
- Therapist is problem-focused and goal directed in addressing the issues
- Therapist and pt will actively work together
- Active intervention
- Encouraged to monitor and write down the thoughts that pop into head
Assess the benefits of CBT for patients experiencing anxiety, depression, and panic attacks associated with COPD
Decreased both the frequency and intensity of panic attacks
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview