Psychology 5 Chapter 2
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is the difference between Dopamine and Serotonin?
Name the defining Characteristics of the Nervous System.
- 1.) COMPLEXITY, since the brain alone is composed of billions of nerve cells
- 2.) INTEGRATION; it can integrate information from many sources and create a coherent psychological experience
- 3.) ADAPTABILITY via Plasticity; it has a great capacity to adapt to changes in the environment and the body.
- 4.) Communicates via ELECTROCHEMICAL TRANSMISSION.
Name 3 Pathways of the Nervous System and what they do
- 1.) Afferent/Sensory Nerves - Send information to the brain and spinal cord.
- 2.) Efferent/Motor Nerves - Send information out of the brain and spinal cord
- 3.) Neural Networks - Integration of sensory input and motor output
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview