The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
I Corinthians 15:3-4
- For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
- And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
I Timothy 2:5-6
- For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
- Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.
- Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
- Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
- To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.
II Corinthians 5:21
For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
- Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
- Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
- For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
- For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
- Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
- Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
- Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.