U.S Gov. chp.2 (3)
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Discuss the major weaknesses of the Article of Confederations
- 1 vote per state
- No power to tax
- Could not regulate
- Need 9/13 states to pass laws
- Need 13/13 to amend laws
- No National court system
Led to the demand for a stronger national government because those with the most to lose felt afraid of losing our country to anarchy. Daniel Shays led a rebellion and overtook a federal arsenal
- The writers of the constitution
- 55 men called an "assembly of Demi gods"
The "Father of the Constitution"
James Madison is called the “Father of the Constitution” because he wrote most of it.
The Virginia Plan
favored the large states because of population
The New Jersey Plan
favored the smaller states who wanted equal representation
The three sources of the Constitution
- History of Rome and England
- Philosophies of Locke and Hobbes
- Their experience in government
Which group favored the Constitution
- The Federalist
- (James Madison and Alexander Hamilton)
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview