Ch 6 & 7 Article - One More Time: How Do You Motivate Employees?
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
According to Herzberg, what motivates employees?
- Interesting work
- Increasing responsibility for growth and achievement
Negative Physical KITA
- Literal application of brute-force motivation
- Ex: Taking someone's rug away
Negative Psychological KITA
Administering brute-force to get someone to move, but not be motivated.
Is Positive KITA motivation?
No, it's like pulling the receiver instead of pushing them.
Positive KITA methods that don't really work
- Reducing Time Spent at Work
- Spiraling Wages
- Fringe Benefits - Are rights, not rewards
- Human Relations Training
- Sensitivity Training
- Communications - Getting other employees to clarify communication between supervisors and employees
- Job Participation - Give them the "big picture"
- Employee Counseling
The opposite of job satisfaction is
No job satisfaction
The opposite of job dissatisfaction is
No job dissatisfaction
- Three general philosophies of personnel management
- Organizational Theory
- Industrial Engineering
- Behavioral Science
The more efficient the job structure, the more favorable the job attitudes that will follow.
Industrial Engineering Theory
Cater jobs to retain the most efficient and optimal human performance.
Behavioral Science Theory
Cater to employee psychological health and their performance will improve.
Horizontal Job Loading
Adding additional requirements similar to the same goals currently being worked on.
Vertical Job Loading
Adding new tasks requiring the employee to adopt more responsibility over their current tasks.
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview