Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Which positions and how many
- What competencies
- Know the labor market
- Post ads
- Accept applications
- Make the decision
- Notify the candidate
- Campus recruiting
- Professional association
- Job service agencies
- Job sites
- Social networking sites
- Company website
- Online videos
- Online interview and virtual world (Second Life)
Kinds of Selection Process Tests
- Cognitive Test
- Personality Test
- Job-related ability test
What's wrong with interviews?
- Interviewers tend to overweigh negative information
- Interviewers tend to base their hiring decisions on very limited data.
- Interviews are very vulnerable to contrast and order effects.
- Interview is labor intensive and expensive.
What interviews do well
- Learn about technical applicants' abilities
- Assess applicants' problem-solving skills
- Assess applicants' verbal and presentation skills
- Valuable opportunities?
Situational Interview Questions
Hypothetical situations where the applicant explains in detail how they would handle the situation
Behavioral Interview Questions
Ask applicant to reflect on his/her past experience
Consider when Evaluating Recruiting and Selection
- Number of applicants
- Quality of applicants
- Average cost of filling in a vacancy
- Average time of filling in a vacancy
Realistic Job Preview
Giving friends realistic preview of the company and position from employee referral.
Method of Internet Recruiting
- Second Life
- Requires basic computer skills
- Cost effective
Test of general intelligence.
- Test your personality type.
- Valid, but not perfect.
Job-Related Ability Test
Test "on the job" abilities.
Ask any questions that come to interviewers at any time.
Ask everyone the same set of well-designed questions.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview